Here are some things that your child can look forward to for the 2nd quarter of school:
· Tracking print with 1-to-1 correspondence
· Recognizing that words are represented by a specific sequence of letters & are separated by spaces
· Identifies all capital & lowercase letters
· Recognizes if words rhyme
· Pronounces, blends, segments syllables
· Blends letters to make simple words
· Produces all 23 consonant sounds
· Reads 30 or more sight words & reads level B or higher.
· Telling beginning, middle, end of stories including character/setting
· Writing stories that include beginning, middle & end—spelling words phonetically.
· Describes the changes in day/night sky
· Count to 100 by 1s
· Count as many as 20 objects in a line, rectangular array & pair with a number
· Describe attributes of objects (length, width…)
· Sort objects into categories and count those objects.
· Identifies & describes Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day & Thanksgiving
· Identifies & explains the bald eagle & Statue of Liberty
We’re looking forward to a great quarter!!